There are insurance and licence related restrictions when hiring a vehicle. The main conditions are:
- Drivers must be older than 21 years of age and must have held a full driving licence for a minimum of 2 years
- Drivers must be over the age of 25 to drive a Minibus, 9 Seater of 7.5t Truck
- Drivers with more than 3 points on their licence may need clearance from our insurance and therefoer should declare them at the time of booking
- Drivers wishing to hire a 17 seat Minibus must hold the D1 category on their licence
- Drivers wishing to hire a 7.5t Truck must hold the C1 category and in the case of business, use a valid Operators licence
Under certain circumstances you may be able to drive a 14 seat Minibus without the category D1 on your licence, but please contact us for more information regarding this. Drivers aged between 21 & 24 will be subject to an additional daily charge.
A security deposit is required on collection of your vehicle. The following deposits apply:
- Cars, Combo, SWB & LWB £200
- XLWB, Lutons & Minibus £200
- 7.5t Trucks & Chillers £250
When collecting the vehicle you will be required to bring your driving license and your NI number or a DVLA licence share code. We also require a recent proof of address such as a tax bill or bank statement from the person hiring the vehicle. If you have the old style paper licence we will also require photographic ID, for example, a passport.
We are not able to accept cash hires; we must take card payment either for deposit amount and/or hire, the card holder must be present throughout this process.